Friday, January 04, 2013

Friday is like Monday is like Friday

Hi guys.
I'm back at work for the first time in two weeks, and am I ever thrilled about it! No, wait, what's the opposite of thrilled?

The latest and greatest incident in my continuing work saga is that my paycheque last week was strangely smaller than I thought it would be. I chalked it up to me missing what pay period we were on... besides, there's no way to check in with anyone, since everyone is still away for the holiday.

Well, today I looked at the actual pay stub and compared it to my schedule-- over 40 hours are missing from this cheque. Seriously, an entire week of work. Can that really be a typo? I had a little difficulty writing a polite email about that one. Not that it matters, because everyone's away on holiday until next week. It's bad enough that I am still working here, but when they stop paying me... grrr.

I got a call inviting me to the first day of rehearsals for my new gig--because I have such a large and signficant role, I won't be joining the group officially until the third week of rehearsals. But I will be going in for the first day to meet everyone and see the design presentation and be in the first read and all that good stuff. Eeeeeescary/Awesome!

Naturally, my first thought was "What should I wear?"

I suppose I should tell my job about this show. I am waiting to hear about another Big Important Thing With Little Likelihood Of Coming Through before I email them, though.

I am supposed to hear today.

I am impatient.

Thank goodness my first day back is followed by two days off.

No comments: