I have been feeling rather out of sorts lately-- J has been out of work for a couple of months (but has found a job he will hopefully be starting next week) and I have become the main breadwinner, on top of taking a couple of "fun" classes (spoiler alert: not so fun), and stressing over a couple of commissions that I have no ideas for. Combine that with feeling utterly and completely divorced from my creative self, and things have not been too fun in my land. I am hoping that with some of the stress being lifted on the financial front, things will improve.
What is new since my last post, you may ask?
1. We got a dog! Perhaps not the greatest timing, but she is a great dog for us and lots of fun. And J's new work schedule will allow us to have someone home with her most of the time.
2. I am taking tap! Which is utterly ridiculous and hilarious. I am pretty much as klutzy as I remember from my previous "dance" experiences. But my shoes sure do sound awesome!
3. I am not renewing my contract at work! This resulted in a somewhat awkward conversation with my boss, who wanted me to renew already. Currently my job is all about Olympics (we are fully decorated in this office, including a torch), and pregnancies. I am soooo sick of hearing about medals and babies, y'all. Also, the guy who sits behind me says 'assepted' instead of 'accepted', which comes up in just about every phone call. It is driving me insane. Also, this is not a good job fit for me, for a variety of less shallow reasons. Countdown app on my phone has been initiated for my last day here.
4. I have to start writing a play! Well, two plays. One long, one short. Those three sentences are pretty much twice as much writing as I have done for either of them, so you can see how that's going.
5. I am thinking about some negative people in my life-- not necessarily those who are negative towards me (although there are a couple), but people who are just negative energy sources in general. I realize that people aren't always aware of the impact their attitudes have, and I do strive to be compassionate to people and respectful of where they are at. But there are a few people who are just not helpful in my life at the moment. I'm not one to have a 'friendtervention' about things like that, I prefer to gradually decrease my inner circle ninja-style instead. I sometimes have trouble recognizing when things are on me, and when they are on the friend in question. But in the case of these particular folks, I realize that them being in my life is currently making me sadder than the thought of them not being in my life.
So that is what's going on-- when you're going through hell, keep going. Because I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel... as long as it's not a train?