Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sometimes the day off gods smile upon you...

I had a day off today (did I mention I'm not in this play very much?), and I "wasted" it by staying in bed with an earache. But then the deities of days off looked upon me with pity and it was good--I have another day off tomorrow!

Yes, I am one of those people who tries to pack as much as possible into their day off. I feel guilty if I spend the day doing nothing-there are so many projects I could be finishing! So many errands I could be running! So many workouts I could be doing! So many postponed blood tests (an exciting byproduct of my current meds) to be taking!

I'm never sure if I should be working on that--I do find it hard to relax and just take time for myself, yet I also kind of love being occupied with a bunch of different personal projects.

I don't really miss being at my job at all--I think my boss felt like since I was so committed to keeping everything running that I was a huge control freak who would have problems detaching. When in reality, the opposite is true... I'm all "Good luck, suckers!" I confess: I do check my email every few days,mostly to file it so I don't have 7000 emails when I get back. And... I may laugh a little at some of them, in a jerky way, like a jerk would do. And then I don't think about it at all.

Tomorrow: 2nd last run of Couch to 5K. Followed up by some Value Village shopping. Then possibly followed up by reading a book at a coffee shop... the weather is dismal here, cold and snowing, so I sometimes get lazy about going places. Then, some cooking.

If I could find someone to pay me to do this all the time, I'd be set!

No comments: