Saturday, January 02, 2010

Welcome, 2010!

Finally, a whole new decade! We had a pretty fun NYE, drinking cocktails from a vintage recipe book, and having an 80's karaoke party in the living room. Basically we got hammered while singing Duran Duran, since we didn't actually get around to having dinner till after midnight. Yesterday was spent being hung over and sleeping. Today was slightly more productive, since I tried to clean up leftover wedding stuff and Christmas stuff-- I always get a little bummed about taking down the Christmas tree, I feel like the wedding really sucked up all my energy this year, and Christmas was suddenly just THERE.

I am looking forward to going to JAMAICA next week, though... sporting my retro pinup girl style bathing suit! Who would have thought I'd get excited to wear a bathing suit?

Speaking of, I have gained a couple of pounds. Well, like 2. And I blame some of it on Special Ladies' Moontime. But the official starting weight this year is 169. There. I said it! I'd like to get down to about 145 before re-evaluating. I think my lowest adult weight was around 130, which I seem to remember being hard to maintain. Of course, I never really exercised during those days, it was more a combination of Slim-Fast shakes and salads. So maybe getting a little yoga in once in a while would get everything a little more toned, and then who cares what the number is?

This may seem counter-productive, but I decided to cancel my online Weight Watchers membership before the next billing. Really, I can follow the Simply Filling/Core program without needing to look stuff up that often. And I can't really afford it, especially since I've been in the same 5-lb plateau for months and months. I think a change is in order. I've heard good things about SparkPeople, and it's also free, which will take a little $ pressure off me.

No gym membership, no WW-- what will become of me? I'm trying not to get stressed about food and stuff before next week-- really, I won't pig out while we're there (though I'm excited that there should be local veggie food!), but I won't sit around counting calories, either. I'm just going to go and have fun, knowing that I'm going to have a good detox once I get back.

Haven't heard back about the film-- giving it one more day before I put it in the "oh well" file.

Script writing is going painfully slowly-- hopefully we'll get a good draft in the can by the end of the month.

That's all the news that is the news! I'm off to make a green curry for dinner. Yum!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My friend... you can totally do this. No stress, right? New year, new goals, new ways of putting plans into action... I feel good about it. And I'm here for you, if you ever need anything.