Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tomorrow...

..is my first real voice lesson in about a year and a half. I'm excited and a bit nervous. I've studied with this teacher before, she had moved out of town and is now back. I think she and I are on the same page about a lot of things, so I'm hoping working together again will be fruitful. Even so, it's always scary to sing in someone's studio for the first time!

I've just told work "I have a commitment on Friday and I'll be gone for 2 hours", which, considering Friday is the second of 4 10-hour days in a row, they can hardly say no to. I was just thinking yesterday about how this job used to help me be an artist, and now it seems to be blocking me, just through the sheer amount of energy I'm expected to put into it. Too many hours, not enough brain time left for creative things at the end of the day.

Also: MEETINGS. I have 4 hours of meetings scheduled for tomorrow. What is with that? I want to actually get work done, not talk about the work I'm supposed to be doing.

My play reading is a week from Saturday. I just got the email confirming the time and place of rehearsals--I suppose I will know if my rewrite was enough soon enough.

Still two more hours before I can go home!

No comments: