Sunday, August 15, 2010

Excuses, Excuses...

Here is a list of excuses I am using to explain to myself why the playwriting people haven't called to invite me to Vancouver:

1) Time Zone
Vancouver is an entire hour behind us! They still have plenty of time to call!

2) Alphabetical Order
My last name is very close to the end of the alphabet. Perhaps they are working their way through applicants alphabetically!

3) They misprinted the date.
August 15 is Sunday. Perhaps what they meant was that they'd get in touch with people on Monday the 16th.

4) Like me, they have several jobs, and have forgotten what day of the week it is.

5) They're flying out to tell me in person, and got delayed at the airport.

6) They're calling everyone who didn't get in first, so they can end their phone calls on a high note.

7) They're working up the courage to call because, of course, they're afraid I'll say no.

8) They are simply not interested in my play at this time, but wish me luck in my future endeavors.

ETA on Monday:
OK, that last one isn't really an excuse, but will likely be the harsh reality. Hoping to hear one way or the other today, since it's a business day (ugh), and will let you know.

No comments: