Saturday, May 16, 2009

WW Slacker

Yes, that is exactly what I am. A weight watchers slacker. When I eat, I fleetingly think of the points values of everything, and it's like they just sail through my head. In one ear and out the other, as it were. So I am up a couple of pounds. Three to be exact. Of course, that's also following a mini-vacation/wedding business trip, in which I not only tasted several kinds of cake (and took seconds and thirds, just to be "sure"), but I also had to eat out all the time.

I think doing the tour and not having to worry so much about what I was eating (hello, two load ins and load outs a day, not to mention the very physical clown show. AND lots of time in small towns with few veggie options), I got very lazy. I rediscovered my love of french fries. I stopped counting. I'm going to have to count again, because I am determined to be in the 150's by my birthday. Leaving me a nice long while to get into the 140 district for the wedding. Not that I'm losing weight for the wedding. In fact, I'm not. I think I will look perfectly lovely even if I don't lose another pound. I'm just tired of thinking about losing weight, or having to lose weight, or dreaming about losing weight. It's become something of a lifelong occupation, one that I'll be glad to be rid of.

In other news, I started Week 2 of the Couch to 5K program today, and it completely kicked my ass. I don't even want to think about next week's even longer run. And in several weeks, when I run for 30 minutes non-stop? Forget about it!

I also signed up for Suite 101, and have thus far written 3 articles for them. I have it on good authority that you can actually make some kind of money doing it, and even if I only make a few bucks a month, I figure I can pay off my credit card/student loan, and learn something about web writing. Which is totally different from print writing. Like this blog? Doing it all wrong.

Next week is picking up, I have some medical improv gigs, as well as a film workshop all next weekend. Then more medical improv the week after. The sucky part is it doesn't pay until about a month after the fact. And I am dragging my ass on getting a job. I seriously cannot face working in someone's office again. Or having to explain to someone in an interview why being in theatre does in fact give me useful skills.

But I think I will save that for next week. Or the week after...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, missy...
A woman in my meeting gave us the recipe for a dense almost Irish soda bread, which I made and it saved me last week, it is SO filling, and seriously delish!
mix in bowl:
2 cups wholewheat flour
1 1/2 cups oatbran
1/3 cup oats (I used the quaker quick oats)
1/4 cup bran (I used Original, vs the buds)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Add 2 cups buttermilk and 1/2 cup raisins
Get your hands in there and mix it all up together til it is gooey, put it in a greased 5x9" loaf pan, and cook it at 400* for 50 minutes. 1 point per 1/4 inch slice!!! I look forward to it every day!!! It should get you over the plateau hump!

uberviolet said...

this sounds amazing-- i am so trying this!