Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Say it ain't soy...

VegWeb - vegan/vegetarian recipes, personals and more

This is a terrific site that I happened upon today while seeking out a recipe that would allow me to create fettucine alfredo for the boy who can't have dairy. I'm going to try a recipe involving coconut milk and soy parm tomorrow after work - wish me luck! If this doesn't work, I'll not only have ruined a whole truckload of pasta, but I'll be on my way back to the store for more soy products to try, try again.

Lots of yummy looking stuff here, though. Check it out!

u/v

2 comments:

uberviolet said...

this recipe, btw, was absolutely delicious. soy parm, coconut milk, lemon juice, nutmeg, garlic, mushrooms, and all. I swear it tasted almost exactly like standard alfredo sauce. i think i just need to tweak some of the seasonings to take out more of the coconut-y taste. but still really really yummy. i'm going to add chicken next time!

tonight: vegetarian (why don't i just say SOY) burritos!

Anonymous said...

so in my quest to continue to procrastinate i have been exploring this site and getting the urge to munch. everything sounds really good and i've been getting inspiration to try many, many different recipes. oh, how i wish i had my own fully stocked kitchen again instead of the crappy little one that i share with my roommate. i can't wait until i have my own real home/apartment where i can cook for myself and the people i like again. yam oven fries, rice pudding, spicy chicken and cashew stirfry, roasted butternut squash...

...and i'd invite you and j over to eat with (increasingly lactose intolerant) m and me.

elo